Saturday, August 22, 2009

We're so glad you've returned!

Or so I imagine the Internet saying to me now that I am blogging again. Big head, sure, but I need to cling to my delusions of grandeur. Don't take them away from me!

I have blogged for years and through my pregnancy, but then my baby arrived and I just stopped.

Why?

It is sometimes legitimately hard to find the time. The baby has a freakishly high size to time consuming ratio (he is small, but his needs? enormous). But, if I can spend hours upon hours researching baby carriers and trolling Etsy, I can probably manage a blog entry now and again. (And, in a somewhat related note, phone calls and emails to my friends who I am now woefully out of touch with).

But my reason for skipping all of these things is the same...I feel like I have nothing to say.

Well, that's not true. I have endless soliloquies and novels to say. I often don't talk to anyone but the baby all day and am dying, DYING to be heard by another adult. But I worry that it's just not that interesting to anyone.

There are days (several) where the biggest thing that happens to me is de-squash staining the laundry, or the truly enormous poop the baby had. My high point last week was the baby learning to clap. I was legitimately thrilled.

But I understand that this is not that interesting to the general public. Maybe to other moms, but a lot of friends are childless.

So how is this different now that I am blogging? Surely there are some moms out there who will be fascinated? At least I will feel like I am heard.

Or maybe I just don't care anymore. I am saying my piece, even if it's just floating around in cyberspace.

No comments: