Wednesday, August 26, 2009

His cocktail of choice? Brandy and breastmilk

I have my doubts that Finn is ever going to eat solid food.

We've moved up to slightly dabbling in the world of solids, but considering he's almost nine months old, I sometimes feel we should have more than a toe in.

Like seemingly most things with babies, it is one step forward, ten million steps back. He eats a little and then doesn't sleep and seems to be a generally unhappy camper. I back off of feeding him. He gets better but I feel guilty that he's not eating solid foods and start feeding him again. And so the cycle continues.

It's one of those chicken and the egg things. Am I avoiding solids because he's bothered by them or is he bothered by them because I avoid them?

I don't know and despite hours of google-ing, I really have no answer.

Luckily he is thriving (read: enormous) even though he's still 90% breastfed. Sure, all he'll be able to take to lunch in kindergarten is a thermos of breast milk, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

2 comments:

Lori E said...

Hi. I saw your question/problem with comments stuck at the top of your blog.
I have the same problem and I can't fix it even though I know how to. The blog won't change it to where I have told it to go i.e. at the bottom of my posts.
It just happened all of a sudden and I have tried everything.
I can explain it in detail if you want to try it. Let me know.

IZ Designs said...

You should try some of the Baby cereal....I know that when Mia was that age she did not want to eat much solid food either, but she did love the cereal!!! Well, hope this helps! The baby cereal my daughter would like is the rice or oatmeal from Gerber. :)

-Isela