Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sickness and sewing

My frustration level? It's high, people.

We have had our first real bout of the baby being sick.

I know, I know, we're very lucky to have made it nine months before this happened.

Last Wednesday night he had a fever of almost 105 at four in the morning. We ran to the emergency room and were told it was a virus. A week later, here we are. No more fever (yay!) but still covered in a rash, not sleeping, cranky, and OH!! the diarrhea.

I never knew my life could be quite so filled with poop. Glamorous, I tell you.

My good mommy patience has run out (although I think it lasted a long time). I have left the house once in a week and it was for a very quick "we're out of food, oh please don't have a blow out at the grocery store" trip. The baby cries...and cries...and, if I dare leave his line of sight...screams.

Bleh bleh bleh.

Also testing my patience is my new hobby I have so gleefully taken up - sewing. My love of Etsy (and subsequent money spending) led me to think perhaps I could start sewing things myself. My sister kindly donated her sewing machine and now here we are. Only, I totally and completely suck. It's like there is some sewing gene I just don't have.

Okay, I've only given it about 30 minutes over three days (not a lot of free time for a mommy here) but all I am trying to make are some cloth wipes. Should be simple...but not so much.

But I've bought so fabric, so I am determined to continue on, at least until it's used up.

Perhaps tomorrow will be less bleh. Here's hoping.

No comments: