Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Still sick, but with sewing success (ish)

We are now two weeks into the sickness that will not end.

Not to overshare (but the idea of personal information or that someone might not want to hear about bodily functions seems to have left me now that I'm a mother...) but the little one is still pooping around eight times a day. And not sleeping at all. How fondly I remember the days of constipation. And sleep. How I miss it. I've gone thirteen nights where I am lucky to get 45 minutes in a row. And the baby is not happy and is very sleepy as well.

No fun.

Off to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully he will have something helpful to add.

In the world of sewing, I am gaining something of a (small) foothold.

I managed to complete the two projects for the online sew-along I am organizing for last week, cloth wipes (velour on one side and flannel on the other, I am sure Finn with enjoy them):
















And an embelilished cloth diaper to use as a burp cloth:




Not perfect, but I am very proud of me. On to week two.

1 comment:

LeahKS said...

Yay for you! We *are* too much alike - my first foray into sewing was also a decorated burp cloth! I did it width-wise at the bottom, though, not along the middle.

I started a dress, and, with my grandmother's help (quilter/sewer/craftmistress extraordinaire!), I only have the zipper & sleeve-hemming. (Note: I started it last April.) But yay! I'm doing pillowcase embellishments this weekend for my drill team girls. :)