Monday, December 14, 2009

A boy and his broom, a love story

My son has many toys. Many, many, many toys.

We have exactly the house I swore we would never have, with primary colored plastic crap piled in every room.

Toys, toys, toys, and he is pretty much completely uninterested in all of them.

Yes, he plays with balls sometimes, but that’s pretty much it. I don’t know if this is true of all babies or just him.

He does enjoy things he’s not supposed to have – the cell phone charge, refrigerator magnets, toilet paper.

But this week he discovered his true love – the broom. He finally managed to wrestle it out of my hand after I was done sweeping and has been carrying it around pretty much ever since. I know he’s going to end up smacking himself in the face or knocking something over, but he’s just so happy I let him have it.

The downside is that when he must be parted from the broom he screams and screams and screams.

Oh babies. So strange.

2 comments:

Lori E said...

Oh no...don't be one of those moms. The ones that won't tell their kids no because they will throw a fit. It will only get worse.
Our friend actually wouldn't serve us coffee after dinner because their son would want to play with the coffee maker if he saw it. The parents had a big fight about it and we just wanted to leave.

PAXbaby said...

My baby is the same age as yours and his favorite toy is... the broom also!!! LOL, future housekeepers perhaps? :)