Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happiness is...a little boring

So you may have noticed, I have a tendency to bitch and moan.


It’s not just a blog thing. I admit I do it in real life too. It is my husband’s (and his family’s) number one complaint about me (although it’s possible that’s a long list).

But I can’t help it. I am not a “la la la I love rainbows every day is heaped with blessings" kind of girl. Which is not to say I’m unhappy. Or that I don’t appreciate my life.

I just like to kvetch. And I think it’s kind of funny.

And, come on. If every day my blog read “Finn is SO cute. I love his chubby cheeks and his little elbows” it would be dull. True (he has phenonenal elbows) but dull.

So, yes, motherhood and staying home with my son is often fun, but I think it’s more entertaining to blog about the recent lesson I learned about not giving a one year old part of a chocolate chip cookie ten minutes before bed. Or the ensueing two hours it took him to go to sleep. And the fact that I didn’t realize that was going to happen means I’m so bizarre combination of a masochist and an idiot.

So laugh at my pain. I do. Or find a cheerier blog. Just don’t complain about mine. No one likes that.

3 comments:

Lori E said...

No unicorns? No rainbows and kittens?
I thought you promised there would be unicorns? I'm outta here.

faith ann raider said...

Ha! I did laugh at the thought of your little son running around on a sugar high before bedtime. Thanks for that! I really needed it today.

Lori E said...

I didn't have an email address for you so I am responding here.
Gift baskets are an easy way to go. I bought most of the stuff at the dollar stores. The wine was the most expensive item.
Keep your eyes open and stock up some stuff with a theme in mind to have ready for when you need it.
Another good one is an Italian dinner theme done up in a big pasta bowl.