Friday, November 27, 2009

A belated Thanksgiving post

So, yes, obviously I am thankful for my beautiful child. And lots of cheesy little things about him – his smile is as bright as the sun, his laughter is like the song of a million hummingbirds, and so on and so forth.

But I’m not super into being cheesy (even when it’s totally genuine) so here are five non cheesy baby things I am thankful for.

1. Baby carriers

I don’t know how mom’s who don’t use these get by – I use mine for hours every day. I wear my baby when he’s fussy or sleepy or when I’m shopping or need to get things done. They are fabulous and when I discovered them my life was changed.




2. Signing time DVDs

Man, Finn loves these. It buys me time in the car and during the day if I need it. And I don’t feel too guilty about him watching them because I think baby signing is a good thing.

3. Balls!

Any way I write this it sounds dirty, but my son is obsessed with balls! We will see if this leads to some sports prowess down the road.

4. Easy cloth diapers

I like cloth diapering because it makes me feel like I’m saving money and helping the environment. I like even better that I live in a time when cloth diapering is easy and doesn’t involve pins and stuff.

5. Happy Baby frozen baby food

Finn is not a baby food fan, but he does like this fresh frozen baby food. And I don’t blame him – it’s tasty! If they made some for adults, I would eat it.

So, thanks to the inventors of all of these products (especially the ball…good one). You make motherhood a little easier.

3 comments:

Lori E said...

I used cloth diapers even though disposables were popular even 26 years ago. I have to confess I used a diaper service though and didn't have to wash them myself.
I used a front carrier briefly with my kids but it wasn't long before they were too long for my 5 foot height. They just didn't fit me.

Wendy said...

Hey Austin! I hope you don't mind that I found your blog on Ingrid's blog and read up on some of your past posts. And can I just say that you crack me up! If it's okay with you, I will add you to my blog roll. If you're interested, my blog is familyatplay.blogspot.com.
P.S. All our babies have slept with us too, and I love it. The older two are perfectly content in their own beds now and sleep all the way through the night in them. I think it makes for happier, more content babies, and then makes them more secure as they get older. So don't let anyone make you feel bad about it!

LeahKS said...

We signed with my Boy, too! It was awesome and he is very verbal now at 2.5. Also, it was impressive to the uninformed. I just mailed my Signing Time DVD's to my sister for her baby. (Btw, I started watching it when I had a deaf student in my class. I would tell her what I learned on the show and she would laugh at me. It was a good relationship builder because she saw that I was making an effort to communicate with her, even if it was basic. It was very inspirational-movie type stuff.)