Tuesday, February 9, 2010

At this point I'm just doing a nod to "posting every day"

Okay...so consider this an update to a couple of recent posts, and me white knuckleing the whole "posting every day" thing.

But it still counts!

Day two at the gym.  15 more minutes of sobbing, followed by those sad baby post cry hiccups in the car.  I felt awful and am waffling about continuing this experiment.  We shall see how I feel tomorrow.

In brighter news, I think I may have made a friend!

I met (re-met?) a very nice mom at a play date last week (we realized that we were in another mom's group together and had met before).  She had us over today and Finn and I had a lovely time!

The babies played very nicely together and I had such a good time with her.  I am practically giddy.

So that's me today.  All the excitement has left very little time for blogging, hence the half assedness of this post.

3 comments:

Lori E said...

Awesome...the friend part, not the sobbing part.

Sean and Ingrid said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you meeting a new friend. I wish we could hang out more. :( But I hope you locked eyes with her and it was perfect. lol That seriously cracked me up when I read that post!

As for the gym, poor momma. It is so hard. I think what you're doing is great though and as hard as it is, important for you and Finn. You deserve some time to yourself and Finn will be just fine. He will love you for it later. I think you should give him some more time to try it out. You can do it! Hugs!

faith ann raider said...

I feel your pain about the whole crying at the gym thing. My little son did the same thing, though it was easier for him 'cause he has older sibling to make him feel secure.
You might try a different gym? Some of the LA Fitness gyms have wonderful children's areas. I worked in a gym childcare area and I know what it's like. Sometimes the moms would stay with their baby for a bit until they got used to being in the new area.
The best thing is just to continue to show to him that when you leave him you WILL come back. Leave him in his room for a moment and tell him you'll be back, leave him with Daddy for a little while and tell him you'll be back. Tell him that he won't get his way by crying and screaming. That sometimes Mommy has to go, but Mommy will ALWAYS come back.
I know it feels terrible when they are screaming and their little faces are all red but it's SO worth it. Don't give in. You really need that time! It will be SO good for you.You CAN do it! So can Finn. You will both be better off for it.