Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This is why I don't blog every day...and yet, I am

Since I have committed, I shall continue, although today is not a day I would normally blog.

I have no funniness or pithiness.

My husband is out of town at least three days a week.  He hasn't been a ton of help when he is in town.  The baby isn't sleeping.  He is, however, doing an inordinate amount or fussing and crying.

I am so exhausted I feel like there should be another word for it.

But it doesn't matter.  I can't sleep or relax or put my feet up.   I just have to trudge on and on and on.  Which right now seems completely impossible, but I am fairly sure I will manage it all the same.

Defintely one of those "being a stay at home mom is hard!" days.

And you thought I was cranky before.  Who knew I was shielding you from my dark side.

5 comments:

Lori E said...

I promise you that you will get through this. It is so damned hard and it garners very little respect.

I would like to suggest that somehow you make sure you shower in the morning and maybe put on some perfume or makeup if you wear it even if it is just lipstick. I know this sounds trite but believe me it will build up and start to feel better.
It is too easy for us to lose ourselves when we have a baby and we are home alone for most of the time with the baby.
Do you live near anyone who has a baby the same age or close? Work out a baby swap for a couple of hours and then do something for yourself even if it is just to go home and put your feet up. The one day you take her kid while she gets a break. Start out small with maybe an hour break in case the babies are not cooperating. You don't want to be even more stressed.
Once again I promise you will get through this.

Anonymous said...

That husband of yours sounds like a jerk.

Finn's Mom said...

Thanks Lori - The day got better and he took a long nap in the afternoon.

No, my husband is not a jerk at all. He's just very very busy with a new job, which is hard for me some times.

Anonymous said...

That anonymous guy who said your husband is a jerk also seems like a jerk. Wait a second.... :-)

faith ann raider said...

I know... husbands can have a hard time finding ways to be helpful. They are tired at the end of the day and the last thing they particularly want is to is go on baby-duty, especially when the baby would rather be with Mommy anyway. I have done my fair share of screaming at my husband (at home and in the counselor's office) for not helping more. Everything is so much worse when you're sleep deprived. It will get better!! This stage doesn't last forever.