Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today was brought to us by the letter "B"....if B stands for Benadryl

So I finally caved and got on the Benadryl bandwagon today.

I know...I'm drugging my baby.  Bad mommy.

But there was no sleeping last night, and that's just not a good thing for either of us.  Plus Dr. Sears says it's okay as long as they're over one, so I was convinced.

We tried it for his nap, since if he was going to be one of those kids who got all amped up I figured it was better to know earlier in the day.  And he slept!  Yay!  He woke up after about an hour (he's only been taking one forty minute nap a day) but then was still tired and napped for another hour or so in my arms on the couch as Emily and I enjoyed Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

And he was a much happier baby for the rest of the day, including a long mall shopping trip and car ride.

I have hesitated in part ever giving him any because I don't want to be tempted to give it to him unless it's really, really necessary.  I know it will be tempting given his bad sleeper-ness.  But I'm only giving myself permission to use it for a few days until we get through the zillion teeth he currently has coming in.

Now I will go and hopefully sleep.  (Cue angels singing).

2 comments:

Sean and Ingrid said...

Oh, there are a lot worse things you could do to him to be a bad mommy. :) I'm more interested in talking about the Kardashians! I'm guessing you were watching the most recent one. I just watched it last night myself. I thought it was ridiculous when Kourtney and Kris kept talking about wanting to never see Scott again, and having nothing to do with him blah blah blah. It seemed over dramatic and scripty. She is so super close to having that baby. How in the world is she never going to see the father again? I was annoyed.

LeahKS said...

Good for you! I hesitate to give my child any drugs unless he needs them, but you DO both need sleep! Yay! My friend and I were worried about you yesterday: we talked of staging an online intervention. We can't come help you, but I'm sure someone can! Tell your hubby to take a vacation day - pump the boy some dinners and go to the spa by yourself or just the movies! You can love your baby and still be frustrated with him! It'll all be okay!

Ok, enough with the exclamation points, but, you know, /pat-on-back-instead-of-awkward-hug.