Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Silver lining? Meet cloud.

Want to play a fun new game with me?

Silver lining: The baby lay down and took a very nice nap this morning from 9:45 to 10:30.
Cloud: That was the only nap he was willing to take.  Allowing for a whole lot of cranky baby time.

Silver lining:  My eye is hurting slightly less than it was earlier today.

Cloud:  It was hurting because the contact I had in ripped in half in my eye.  Then the baby and I had to shlep to the eye doctor so he could remove the remaining half a lens.

Silver lining:  I have three fewer cavities than I had before.

Cloud:  Yes, that's because I got them filled today.  A process that took so much numbing that now, four hours later half my face is still numb.

Silver lining: Yes, my husband is away, but that does mean I can cook what I want for dinner and kick back and relax.

Cloud:  I can't eat, lest I chew my tongue.  Plus, see earlier re: fussy, sleep deprived baby.

Silver lining:  I have a mainly sweet baby who I get to stay home with, a husband I love and am pretty damn lucky.

Cloud:  Fine, I guess, you win.  It was close, though.  And I'm only giving in because the baby in finally asleep and you are starting to get feeling back in your lips.

Winner:  Silver lining.  But just barely.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

You're too funny Austin. At least you know how to find the humor in the things that make your day challenging! I'm glad the silver lining won. :)

Lori E said...

You know what is a fun game to play? Try putting lipstick on while your face is frozen. Seriously. It is pee your pants funny, but I guess after having a baby everything is pee your pants funny isn't it?

Sean and Ingrid said...

I think Finn and Ethan chatted and plotted against us with the naps yesterday. Ethan has actually been on some kind of nap schedule (gasp) the last few weeks. Then yesterday, out of nowhere, he only slept FORTY FIVE minutes the whole day, just like Finn. He was so tired so I put him down early. He went right to sleep but then kept waking up. What the heck? Wonder if he's getting a tooth of something. I need a reason. :)

faith ann raider said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!