Saturday, February 6, 2010

Party time!

We went to our first of three weekends in a row with baby birthday parties.  I am glad Finn is slightly older than his little friends so I had nothing to compare his party to.

I like to be able to keep my standards low.  Especially when it comes to entertaining.

My mother is an uber-hostess.  And while her parties/dinners always come off great, they also seem super stressful.  So at some point I decided to adopt the "you can come over for dinner, but we're ordering pizza" attitude.  Less stress, so I can in theory enjoy the company a little more.

Anyway.  So Finn's party was fairly low maintance, and I got a lot of help from my mother and sister.  Sandwhich platter, store bought cake, no real theme (unless you count "I managed to keep him alive for the first year, good for me!") a theme.

Still, it was nice.  People came, there was cake, Finn was cute.

But I can already tell I am most likely on the low end of first birthday parties.  The one we went to today had a theme.  And lots of decorations.  And a very impressive home made cake.

I think the next two weeks may only highlight my non-party-mavenness.

But Finn was a cute birthday boy.  And he won't remember.  And he's still alive and kicking.  Good for me.

2 comments:

Lori E said...

I like your theme best. Ha, ha.
We are so laid back at our house and I find that people love to come here. They feel comfortable and relaxed and they put their feet up and stay a while.
Don't you hate it when you go somewhere and it feels like you are intruding because the hosts are so stressed out. Give me pizza over that any day.

Sean and Ingrid said...

Your party was fabulous and I loved it! I had the best time and Finn did too. I for one was most excited for the Rolly Polly. Oh how I love that place. If we weren't broke I would love to splurge and have someone cater our entire party. Food is not my area of expertise either. Who cares what they're all doing, you are awesome!