Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I am not good at being happy for others. AKA I am small and petty

I have some mom bloggers that I really like.  But when I read about their various successes...being published places, making a living through advertising doing their blog, I am not quite as happy for them as I probably should be.

I am a small and petty person.

I want to be happy for them.  And I sort of am.  But another part of my just thinks - "why can't that be me?" 

I would LOVE to find a way to make a living blogging.  Not only would I love to be bringing in some money, but it would be amazing to feel like that many people were interested in what I have to say.

Me, me, me!  Why aren't I adored like I should be?

In all seriousness - is that even possible?  I would probably have to commit a lot more time (more time than 20 minutes when I am putting Finn to bed, for example).  Basically I just want it to happen.  An act of God?  Freak popularity?

Perhaps that's what I will wake up to tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Sean and Ingrid said...

I'm going to cross my fingers too. I want some type of job where I can at least work part-time and make enough money just handed to me. Or I will take winning the lottery. Either way. Thanks in advance.

Wendy said...

You're great Austin. I think your blog could totally be a popular one. You're great with words, witty, and not afraid to tell it like it is. But you totally hit the nail on the head with the time issue. I think these popular mommy bloggers have to sink a lot of time into it. I'm not sure where they find/have time to be a real mommy.