Saturday, February 20, 2010

My little parrot

I am so enjoying Finn's age.  You can just see him learning and understanding things.  Every day he seems to pick up something new.

The (somewhat) downside of that is you have to be VERY careful what you say or do in front of him since he likes to imitate you.  Today I got a rag and was cleaning up doggie paw prints.  When I was done I dropped the rag into a laundry pile.

When I turned around Finn had taken the rag out of the pile and was on his hands and knees rubbing the carpet with it!

So cute!

Less cute was later in the day when I dropped something and said "crap!" really loud and heard a little "cap!" from right next to me.

In a larger sense I feel like I really have to think about what personality traits of mine I want to pass on.

There are definitely things I would love for him to get (my kindness, my love of books) and things I would just as soon he skip (my shyness, my temper).  I feel like there is a ticking clock for me to get my act together to be a good role model.

We shall see how it goes...

No comments: