Thursday, February 4, 2010

The sun is shining!

Only metaphorically.  In actuality it is gross and rainy.  But we are doing better today.

No ripped contacts and no dentists, so right there this day is pretty much a winner.

Finn slept from 7 to 8:30.  I mean, yes, he got up in between to nurse and fuss a little, but he was still pretty much out.

And I have decided to accept that he is ready for just one nap a day, although I will admit that it is hard to give up two naps.  It's not that it's a ton less time asleep (although it is some) but it is hard to give up two breaks in the day where I can put my feet up (often literally) and catch my breath and regroup.

But non napping babies wait for no one so I guess I need to get over it.  Soon he will get better at entertaining himself, right?  At the moment he just wants me me me.  I try to remember that is ten years or so he will want nothing to do with me so I should savor this.

Onward, onward.  It seems to be the only choice available as a mother.

1 comment:

Lori E said...

I guess it takes some really crappy days to make us happy for the little things...like no dentist appointment. Did you try the lipstick game? No. Maybe next time.
Feed him protein before he goes to sleep. It may keep him asleep longer. I remember doing this when my sons were babies but that was over 20 years ago. I don't remember where I read it but it was in some book written by a pediatrician.