Thursday, February 11, 2010

A confession and a half: I wish he'd watch TV

I know, I know...TV is evil...if I were a better person I wouldn't even OWN a TV...shouldn't I be playing with my child...and so on.  Bring on the judgement.

But I do play with my child.  Constantly.  He's down to only a 45 minute nap a day.  That mean's it's me and him for about 11 hours every day.  I've given up on the gym after day three of constant screaming.  I just need a little time to myself.

Just a bit.  A half hour show a day?  That's not asking too much, right?  It (probably) won't turn him into a future couch potato.

But, unlike his mother, he's not yet into the tube.  He'll watch a few minutes of The Wiggles or Signing Time, but then there is much more interesting things to do - pull books off shelves, chase the dogs, scream.

Give in, Finn, TV is magical.  Pull up a chair!  I'll even show you Barney (yes...I'm that desperate).

No comments: